Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree oil which comes from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia a small tree native to Queensland and New South Wales, Australia. But many people get confused with the tea tree with the, unlike common tea plant that is used to make black and green teas.
Melaleuca alternifolia is known as the tea tree which is an important oil that can be used for many different purposes, including keeping skin, hair and nails healthy. People think that is a very expensive oil but it is not and safe when used as directed. Tea tree oil has been used as a traditional treatment by Aborigines for centuries.
Many research also indicates that tea tree oil contains a number of compounds, that have been shown to kill certain bacteria, viruses and fungi. Tea tree oil a natural remedy for treating bacterial and fungal skin conditions. These native Australians tea tree leaves to extract the oil, which is then inhaled to treat coughs and colds or applied directly to the skin for healing.
Tea tree oil can have several uses
- Hand sanitizer – Many studies show that tea tree oil kills several common bacteria and viruses responsible for causing colds, flu and other illness when using it as hand sanitizer.
- Antifungal – The effectiveness of tea tree oil shows its ability to kill a range of yeasts and fungi. The majority of the studies reviewed focus on Candida albicans, a type of yeast which commonly affects the skin, genitals, throat, and mouth.
- Oral health – Tea tree oil is also beneficial for those with chronic gingivitis, an inflaming gum condition. During its study participants, people who used tea tree oil gel experienced a significant reduction in bleeding and inflammation. Other research shows that a type of bacteria associated with bad breath may be treated with tea tree oil.
- Nail fungus – Due to fungal infections having nail abnormalities are common they can be very difficult to heal. One study shows that tea tree oil is effective in eliminating nail fungus up to 80% in the laboratory.
- Cleanses Hair – Tea tree oil helps open the hidradenitis suppurativa and acts as a cleanser and conditioner. It has the ability to settle dry scalp and even treat lice and reduces hair fall problem.
- Fights Skin Cancer – According to a study tea tree oil has the ability to fight cancer. It has a rapid effect on reducing cancerous tumours.
- Treats Infections and Scars – According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, tea tree oil is a powerful disinfectant and is non-poisonous and gentle.
- Prevents Acne – Tea tree oil is considered one of the most successful and effective ways to treat acne, not just on the face, but on the back, arms and chest as well.