Benefits of Acetone:
Acetone is an organic chemical. It is a clear, colourless, volatile, flammable liquid at room temperature. It is miscible with water.
- Food Additive:
- Acetone is often used as an additive some kinds of food. In particular it can be found in bread where it helps to mature and bleach flour.
- Fuel Additive:
- People have begun using acetone as an additive to the gasoline in their cars. The chemical’s dissolving power seems to come in handy cleaning off engine buildup, allowing the vehicles to run more smoothly.
- Plastics and some synthetic fibers:
- Acetone is a good solvent for many plastics and some synthetic fibers. It is used for thinning polyester resin, cleaningtools used with it, and dissolving two-part epoxies and superglue before they harden. It is used as one of the volatile components of some paints and varnishes.
- In the nail business:
- Acetoneis a very important solvent. In cosmetics, the most common use of acetone is in nail polish remover. It evaporates easily.
- Cleansing Product:
- Acetone is typically for cleaning purposes in laboratories.