Castor oil is a multi-purpose vegetable oil used for many different purposes. This oil is extracted from the seeds of Ricinus Communis plant. Castor beans are known to contain toxic enzyme called ricin but this toxic substance is removed during the heating process and later on the extracted oil can be used safely for many health purposes.
Castor oil is used for medicinal, pharmaceutical and medicinal purposes. Today, castor oil is used as a natural remedies for common conditions like constipation, skin related issues, chest pain, cough and much more. In this article, we will be discussing some of the major benefits of using the castor oil.
Benefits of Using Castor Oil
• A Natural Moisturizer: Castor oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acid called ricinoleic acid which acts a natural moisturizer for your skin. This fat acts as humectants which can be used to moisturizer your skin. Humectants help to retain the moisture by preventing the water loss from the skin. Castor oil is also used in many cosmetic products to promote hydration in lotions, makeups and cleansers.
• Promotes Wound Healing: As discussed earlier, castor oil acts as a skin moisturizer therefore, applying castor oil to wounds helps to create a moist environment which helps in healing and prevents sores. Venelex is a popular medicine used to treat wounds, contains a mixture of castor oil in it.
• Reduces chest congestion: Castor oil pack can be made easily at home which you can place on your chest and it will help you to reduce chest congestion. It is similar to vapour rub, when placed on the chest castor oil helps to breakup congestion and toxins. Castor oil is safe and is approved by FDA. It is totally safe for consumption and is recommended to cure a variety of health problems.
• Reduces Acne: Acne can be a serious skin condition which can cause diverse effects on your skin. Acne can cause blackheads, pimples and painful bumps on your face and whole body. Castor oil can used to treat skin conditions. It has antimicrobial properties that helps in fighting the bacterial overgrowth and reduces the overall infection.
• Keeps You Hair and Scalp Healthy: If you have dry or damaged hair then castor oil is best for you. As castor oil comes with moisturizing properties it could help in curing your dry hair. Also the castor oil has an ability to reduce inflammation therefore; it can be effective in treating your dandruff and scalp.